Instructor Drop Procedure
- Instructor Drop Requests are due by the last day to add of each semester. Check Registration Calendars.
- Requests should be dropped off by the Instructor or Administrative Staff only. Photo ID is required upon submission.
Step by step Instructions:
- Print a copy of your Class Roster(s).
- Cross out the names of the students you want to drop on the roster.
- Put the notation “drop” next to the student ID number for each student you are dropping.
- Sign and date that roster.
- Provide your contact information (email or phone number).
- Submit it at the Window “R” in the Student Services Center. You do not need to wait in line. Just go to the Counter with the yellow sign that reads “Faculty/Staff Drop Off”. Our staff will check your photo ID at this Counter.
Instructors are permitted to drop students who fail to attend the first scheduled class meeting and who fail to inform the instructor prior to the second class meeting of the reason for any absence and their intention to continue in the class. Some instructors will drop students who do not meet the stated course prerequisites. However, they are not required to do so. It is the student's responsibility to make sure classes are dropped.
Detailed information for instructors is available for download at
Disclaimer: The above information was taken from SJSU Catalog, to view if there is any update information, please follow this navigation : SJSU Policies and Procedures > Registration > Registration - Dropping a Class > Registration - Instructor Drops.