Measles/ Mumps/ Rubella(MMR)

1. What is Executive Order 803?

For more information regarding EO 803 please visit:


2. Who is required to show proof of immunity?

All new and readmitted students born on or after January 1, 1957 are required to show proof of immunity to both measles and rubella.


3. What is proof of immunity?

You must be able to provide medical documentation signed by a physician or nurse that you either had the diseases or the immunization for measles and rubella. You must have had the immunization:

1) after January 1, 1968, or

2) after your first birthday.

Documentation can include immunizations records or a laboratory report showing immunity to measles and rubella.  For international students all medical documentation must have attached English translation by private health provider, a public health care department, or government health agency.   


4. Who is exempt from providing MMR proof of immunity?

Students enrolled in a California public school for the seventh grade or higher on or after July 1, 1999 will have satisfied this requirement.


5. What if I do not have proof of immunity?

If you do not have proof of your immunity to measles and rubella, you need to get vaccinated. You can get your immunizations from your private health care provider, the Public Health Department, or come to the Student Health Center for the vaccine at a reduced cost. For current immunization fees and/or an appointment, call (408)924-6122.


6. Where can I submit my immunization information?

Please log on to: [medicat website here]

Please have your medical immunization records available for upload.  If you do not have a scan machine, take a picture of your records with your cell phone and upload using your cell phone. If you have difficulty scanning your health records please visit the Health Center front desk for support.