These pages provide an overview of the graduation application process, timelines, communication you can expect to receive, degree posting, and diplomas. If you still have questions after reviewing the information on these pages, please contact your graduation evaluator [pdf].
Graduation vs Commencement
Graduation is the completion of degree requirements. Your transcripts will reflect your degree and major once your degree has been posted.
Commencement is the ceremony to honor students whose degrees have been awarded, or will be awarded in the current semester.
- The fall ceremony is for the preceding summer and current fall graduates.
- The spring ceremony is for the current spring and upcoming summer graduates.Graduation Status
Your graduation status will show one of the following:
- Eligible to Apply: you have completed at least 85 units and have good academic standing
- Applied for Graduation: office of the Registrar has received your application
- Needs to Finish Pending Work: the graduation team has reviewed your application and sent notification to you
- Degree Awarded: you have completed all degree requirements
- Application Central.
Get more information about how to submit your graduation application, communication you can expect from our office, and application deadlines
- Stay on Track
Learn what to do between applying and your degree posting
- Degree, Diploma, and Honors
Know what to expect after your degree has been awarded
- Postponing Graduation
Review your options if you have not finished degree requirements at the end of the semester for which you applied
- Graduation Application Process