Residency is a combination of three factors: physical presence, intent to remain in California indefinitely, and a valid immigration status. Please review the following to determine if you are eligible to apply.
- California State University(CSU) Residency page
- Rules and Regulations for Establishing Residency
- California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption (AB540)
- Ten things You Need to Know about California Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Applying for Residency:
- San Jose State's Residency Determination Dates: see Semester Calendars at CSU Residency website.
If you're continuing student, read this instruction [pdf]. We do not accept paper copies. Completely fill out and sign the CSU Residence Questionnaire [pdf], then upload the signed questionnaire and any supporting documents at this link
Appealing a Denied Request