Residency is a combination of three factors: physical presence, intent to remain in California indefinitely, and a valid immigration status. Please review the following to determine if you are eligible to apply.
- California State University(CSU) Residency page
- Rules and Regulations for Establishing Residency
- California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption (AB540)
- Ten things You Need to Know about California Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Applying for Residency:
Deadline to apply:
Fall - September 20
Spring - January 25
Summer – June 1
Continuing students: read this instruction [pdf]. We do not accept paper copies. Completely fill out and sign your questionnaire; then upload/ submit the signed questionaire and any supporting documents at this link.