Submit Proof of Immunization Here

NOTE: Processing of immunization uploads may take up to 10 business days.  

Questions regarding immunization status, may be addressed by logging into the immunization portal (link above). Check the messaging page in this portal for updates.         

Beginning August 1, 2017 students who are required to submit proof of immunization will be able to upload their proof of immunization through the immunization portal link above. 

The deadline to submit MMR & Hep B proof of immunization for the 2017-18 Academic Year is AUGUST 22, 2017.  If your documentation is incomplete, a HOLD will be placed that will block you from registering for future semesters (until proof is submitted).

Undergraduate: Students 6 -12 grade who have graduated from a California Public School (after June 30, 1999) will automatically be listed as having satisfied both of these requirements.

Graduate:   If you are required to submit your immunization and you have attended a 6 -12 grade California Public School (after June 30, 1999), please submit your Diploma and or Transcript as proof of attendance to:  

For questions regarding immunization requirement email: or call (408) 924-3234.

Measles / Mumps / Rubella:

All new students born after January 1, 1957 must submit proof of full MMR immunization before the start of their first term.     

MMR is a series of two vaccinations started after one year of age and at least one month apart.

Hepatitis B:

All new students who are 18 years of age or younger on the first day of their first term must submit proof of Hepatitis B immunization before the start of their first term.

Hepatitis B immunization is a series of three vaccinations, which take six months to complete.



Important additional information regarding the immunization requirement


By when should I have completed my required immunizations for the Spring and Fall 2017 semester?

Full immunization should be completed and documentation verifying it, needs to be submitted no later than August 22, 2017. If you can't find or don't have your immunization records, click on the Immunization Form(PDF).  Take form to your healthcare provider and have your provider complete form or start administering any missing immunizations. Upload all required immunization records here beginning August 1st.

If I graduated from a California Public Middle School or High School, do I need to provide any additional documentation?

Undergraduates: No,  not at this time.  

Graduates: Please submit your Diploma and or Transcript as proof of attendance to:

Note: Previous immunization does not always guarantee long-term immunity.  Residence Halls, apartments, and Greek houses are contexts in which even immunized students might contract an infectious disease.  Also note, some SJSU majors require additional vaccinations or immunity tests in your 2nd or 3rd year.

Where can I get immunized?

Your existing healthcare provider, your local county public health department, and even some local pharmacies are options for immunizations.  You may wish to check a couple of local options to find the lowest out of pocket costs.  Once you are officially a SJSU student, you can also get immunizations via the SJSU Student Health Center.    

What is “proof of immunity?”

Generally accepted proof of immunity will be documentation indicating you have received the full vaccination. If you don’t have those records you will need to get vaccinated.  If you are positive you were vaccinated, or that you had the disease, you can also get a laboratory blood test that verifies you have immunity (e.g., via your healthcare provider or your local county public health department).  This test is called a “titer.”  In some cases, a healthcare provider may be able to provide a signed verification that you have had one of the diseases.  Such a document would also be considered proof.

What type of documentation is needed?

Documents need to identify the organization/location, the signature of the administering doctor or nurse, the vaccine, the dose, and the date.  (For a lab test / titer, instead of vaccine and dose, it will indicate the test results.) If you do not have immunization records please download and print the Immunization Form (PDF) and take to your healthcare provider to complete form or start administering any missing immunizations.

Do international students need to provide additional documentation?

If any of the documentation does not use internationally standard names for vaccine or dosage, then international students must also attach an English translation signed by a licensed health provider.

What is Executive Order 803?

EO 803 (CSU Executive Order 803) is the current CSU guidelines for required immunizations.

Can I appeal this requirement?

You may currently have a medical reason that receiving the immunization would not be considered safe.  If so, you can submit in English signed, dated, summary by your licensed health care provider indicating the specific nature and probable duration of the medical condition or circumstances why exemption is medically necessary to:

You can submit personal or religious reasons for a request for an exemption to the immunization requirement to:  

Note, any student without documented proof of immunity may be asked to leave the residence halls or campus during an outbreak of an indicated infectious disease.