CSU Program for Education & Research in Biotechnology (CSUPERB)
The CSU Program for Education and Research in Biotechnology (CSUPERB) mission is to support collaborative CSU student and faculty research. CSUPERB recognizes that opportunities to present research, learn new techniques or collect novel data are crucial to professional career development.
CSUPERB welcomes and encourages applications from a wide range of disciplines, including but not limited to life sciences, physical sciences, clinical sciences, math, computer science, agricultural science, engineering and business.
Funding for this research is provided by CSUPERB. The Office of Research provides information and funding support for grant development for CSUPERB activities.
What type of funding is available?
Student Grant Programs
- Presidents' Commission Scholars program - Deadline: February 19, 2018, by 5:00pm pacific time.
- Student Travel Grants – Deadline: March 12, 2018, by 5:00pm pacific time.
- CSU Biotechnology Symposium Poster Abstracts
- Eden and Nagel Student Research Award Nominations
- Howell-CSUPERB (Undergraduate) Research Scholarships
- Fall 2018 CSU Innovation Corps (I-Corps™) Short Course - Deadline: June 4, 2018.
Faculty Grant Programs
- Presidents' Commission Scholars Program - Deadline: February 19, 2018, by 5:00pm pacific time.
- Faculty Travel Grants – Deadline: March 12, 2018, by 5:00pm pacific time.
- Pauling Student Teaching Award, Andreoli Award, and Faculty Research Award Nominations
- Curriculum Development Grants
- Entrepreneurial Joint Venture Grants
- New Investigator Grants
- Research Development Grants
How much funding is available?
$1,000 to $15,000 depending on grant type.
How is funding awarded?
Funding for CSUPERB is awarded to the College/Department. The College/Department Budget Analyst should be consulted during grant development to advise on allowable expenses and categories (e.g., hourly wages) and prior to expenditures once awarded.
How do I get support?
The Office of Research will assist student and faculty with grant development for CSUPERB request. For inquiries related to CSUPERB please contact the Office of Research at 408-927-2272 or email email@example.com.