Undergraduate Research Grants (URG) Program
The Office of Research in partnership with the Center for Faculty Development offers an Undergraduate Research Grants (URG) Program to support the involvement of a undergraduate research student in the Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity (RSCA) initiatives of a faculty.
Who is eligible for funding?
Undergraduate students currently enrolled with a faculty mentor.
How much funding is available?
Center for Faculty Development provides up to $45,000 for funding Campus-wide. Awards will be granted up to $1,000 per application.
When can I apply for funding?
Typically April of each academic year.
How do I apply for funding?
Please submit completed applications to the Center for Faculty Development at email@example.com.
Proposals must contain the following:
- A completed application; and
- A completed Budget Form.
Funding Screening Criteria?
The evaluation criteria is as follows:
- The overall quality of the proposal;
- The significance of the project and merit of the work including the likelihood that the project will make a contribution to the student’s area of study;
- The appropriateness of the methodology or the creative focus;
- The potential for accomplishing the proposed project; and
- The strength of the proposed mentoring relationship.
How long does the approval of funding take?
Approval for funds can take up to 2 months to approve and communicate.
How do I get support?
Please contact the Center for Faculty Development for assistance.