Key things to remember when providing services for a fee:
- Research Foundation Accounts Receivable will prepare your customer invoices. Projects and departments should not prepare invoices (bills). Projects and departments may submit a billing request form to the sponsored programs analyst in order for the Accounts Receivable department to properly prepare and record invoices as required by generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Title 5 Section 42401 of the California Code of Regulations.
- Check with the Research Foundation Risk Management department to ensure insurance coverage extends to the activity. We want to keep students, faculty, and staff protected.
- Contact the Research Foundation Accounts Payable Manager if any non-routine goods or services will be acquired to support the activity in order to determine the best procurement method.
- Revenues from these activities should be deposited with the Research Foundation Cashier's Office.
- The Research Foundation Cashier's Office offers eMarket Storefronts that allow customers to pay online with a credit card. Contact the Cashier's Office for additional information.