The Research Foundation pays its employees on the 10th and 26th of each month. If the payday falls on a weekend, funds will be released the prior Friday. If payday falls on a holiday or a scheduled closure day, funds will be released the day before the holiday.
The 2018 payroll calendar is available at this link: 2018 Payroll Calendar
The 2018 holiday calendar is available at this link: 2018 Holiday Calendar
ONESolution Timecard User Instructions
The timecard instructional video provides detailed steps for completing the ONESolution timecard.
NOTE: If you are using Internet Explorer (IE), please click this link to view
Timecard Instructional Video
Electronic Funds Transfer (Direct Deposit)
Research Foundation employees are encouraged to have their pay automatically deposited into their bank accounts each payday. Electronic fund transfer (EFT) statements documenting each deposit will be mailed to employees on the day before payday.
Enrollment in the EFT program is very easy. Download and complete the Direct Deposit Enrollment Authorization Form (PDF) and return it to the Human Resources office at 210 North 4th Street, San Jose, CA, 95112, 3rd floor.
It generally takes up to two payroll periods for the direct deposit to be processed.
Paychecks are available for pick up after 8:00 a.m. on payday from the SJSU Research Foundation Receptionist office located at 210 North 4th Street, 3th Floor. San Jose, CA 95112.
Employees may choose to have their checks mailed to the address on file. These checks will be mailed the day before payday.
Paycheck or EFT statements that do not get picked up from the Receptionist’s office will be mailed to the address on file in the employees Payroll records.
Tax Witholding Information
The federal and state withholding tax rates for 2018 has been updated in the payroll system.
Employees may change their state and federal income tax withholding allowance at any time during the year by completing form W4 http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf for federal tax withholding changes and form DE-4 http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de4.pdf for state withholding changes.
- Individual Federal and State Income Tax rates are determined by the W4 form completed by the employee.
- Employees can complete the DE-4 to withhold different tax amounts for the State.
- The Medicare rate is 1.45% and effective November 1, 2013 an additional .9% on wages earned in excess of $200,000.
- The Social Security rate is 6.2% on the first $128,400 wages earned.
- The State Disability Insurance (SDI) rate is 1.0% on the first $114,967 wages earned. The SJSU Research Foundation pays for the employee SDI tax as an added fringe benefit. The maximum SDI contribution is $1,149.67.
The Affordable Care Act requires employers to report employer sponsored health coverage amounts in box 12DD of W-2. This reporting requirement is for information only and bears no tax consequence.