Limited Submission Process
- Reviews the program solicitation and sponsor’s guidelines.
- Completes the internal SJSU Limited Submission Letter of Intent (LOI) form and submits the form in portable document format to their chair and dean with a copy to Information Services Manager, Brenda Swann at email@example.com by the SJSU Internal deadline. An email confirmation of receipt will be sent to the principal investigator within two (2) business days after the SJSU internal deadline.
Note: If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will be the next business day after the weekend or holiday.
Chairs and Deans
- Review the letter of intent.
- Submit concurrences or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org within three (3) business days after the stated SJSU internal deadline.
SJSU Letter of Intent Review Criteria
The SJSU Letter of Intent will be evaluated on the following:
- Completeness based on requirements
- Quality and description of the proposal
- How well the proposal fits sponsor’s guidelines
- Perceived chances of successful funding based upon the sponsor’s criteria
SJSU Research Foundation and the Associate Vice President
- SJSU Research Foundation reviews SJSU letters of intent for completeness and forwards to the AVP for Research.
- The AVP for Research reviews the letter(s) of intent and approves the application that is to be submitted on behalf of the university.
- If additional review is required, the AVP for Research convenes a committee to assist in the final selection.