Updated October 6, 2015
Academic Senate Information
At the second Fall meeting of the 2015-2016 Academic Senate on October 5, 2015, the Senate passed four policy recommendations that have been sent to President Martin for review/approval. The policy proposals include AS 1581, Instructor Drops in Online Courses, AS 1584, Rescinding Outdated Policy S98-11, related to the GE Guidelines, AS 1551, Modification of the Writing Requirements Committee Membership, and AS 1580, Credit by Exam for Challenge Examinations.
Opportunities for University Service
- Serving on a Senate committee is an excellent way to get involved and we encourage you to find a committee focused on issues of importance to you, whether it be faculty affairs/professional standards, instruction and student affairs, research, facilities, or program development and assessment.
- Please check the list of current senate committee vacancies. If you are interested, please contact your college rep for the Committee on Committees to learn about appointment and/or election procedures.
Recent Senate Policies (Academic Year 2015-2016):
Policies passed by the Senate and Signed into University policy by President Qayoumi:
- F15-2, Further Clarification of the Transition to the new System for Retention, Tenure, and Promotion (RTP), Amends S15-8 (RTP Criteria and Standards)
- F15-1, Adjusting the Timing of Performance Reviews during the Transition to the New System for Retention, Tenure, and Promotion (RTP), Amends S15-7 (RTP Procedures)
Senate Management Resolutions Passed by the Senate (2015-2016):
- SM-F15-2, Modification of the Undergraduate Studies Committee Charge
- SM-F15-1, Dissolving the University Teacher Education Committee