Updated November 19, 2015
Academic Senate Information
At the November 2, 2015 Senate meeting, the Senate passed four policy recommendations
that have been sent to President Martin for review/approval. The policy proposals
include F15-7, F15-8, F15-9, and F15-10 (F15-10 is pending approval).
The Senate received a university budget presentation by VP of Administration and Finance, Josee Larochelle. Click here to see the slides presented.
Opportunities for University Service
- Serving on a Senate committee is an excellent way to get involved and we encourage you to find a committee focused on issues of importance to you, whether it be faculty affairs/professional standards, instruction and student affairs, research, facilities, or program development and assessment.
- Please check the list of current senate committee vacancies. If you are interested, please contact your college rep for the Committee on Committees to learn about appointment and/or election procedures.
Recent Senate Policies (Academic Year 2015-2016):
Policies passed by the Senate and Signed into University policy by President Qayoumi:
- F15-10, Dissolving the Heritage, Preservation, and Public History Committee (Pending approval)
- F15-9, Budget Advisory Committee
- F15-8, Modification of Human Subjects Institutional Review Board Membership
- F15-7, Academic Integrity
- F15-6, Modification of Writing Requirements Committee Membership
- F15-5, Credit by Exam for Challenge Examinations
- F15-4, Rescinding Outdated Policy, S98-11, Related to the 1998 GE Guidelines
- F15-3, Establishing a Committed Presence in a Class
- F15-2, Further Clarification of the Transition to the new System for Retention, Tenure, and Promotion (RTP), Amends S15-8 (RTP Criteria and Standards)
- F15-1, Adjusting the Timing of Performance Reviews during the Transition to the New System for Retention, Tenure, and Promotion (RTP), Amends S15-7 (RTP Procedures)
Senate Management Resolutions Passed by the Senate (2015-2016):
- SM-F15-4, Modification of the Graduate Studies and Research Committee Membership
- SM-F15-3, Amends Standing Rule 7
- SM-F15-2, Modification of the Undergraduate Studies Committee Charge
- SM-F15-1, Dissolving the University Teacher Education Committee