Submitting a Form for Signature
All students requesting a signature from the Department Chair or Major Advisor need to bring the following documents along with the completed form:
- “My Academics” Homepage (print screen)
- Course History (via “My Academics”)
- Unofficial transcripts from SJSU
- Unofficial transcripts from previous college(s) OR print a copy of the “Transfer Credit” report from MySJSU “My Academics” section
- All the above mentioned required documents will not be returned to the student. They will be kept by the department.
- Please allow three to four business days of processing time and check back with the office for the status of the paperwork.
- Students must print all forms themselves. The department does not give out or print forms.
- Please read the instructions on the forms carefully.
- Only the Application for Graduation, Major Form, and Substitution form will be sent over to the Registrar by the department when you submit the form. For all other forms, please follow the instructions given on the form.
- Sociology Contract for Major [pdf]—Also known as a Major form. To be submitted with an Application for Graduation after the successful completion of 90 college units. Please use ink. Submit to the SISS department office for the signature of the Department Chair. Copies will be available for student pick up within 4 business days of submission. This form is not used to declare the major (Use a Change of Major/Minor form to declare the major).
- Sociology Contract for Minor [pdf]—Also known as a Minor form. Please use ink. Submit to the SISS department office for the signature of the Department Chair. This form will be returned to you in a sealed department envelope. This form is not used to declare the minor. (Use a Change of Major/Minor form to declare the minor). This form accompanies your completed Application for Graduation and Major form and should be turned in to the Registrar as a complete packet.
- Sociology Statistics Credit Request [pdf]—Submit for a request to review a course for credit toward the statistics major requirement. Check articulation at the SJSU Articulation Office. STAT 95 does not fulfill this requirement.
- Sociology 100W Credit Request [pdf]—Submit for a request to review a 100W course for credit in place of SOCI 100W.
Interdisciplinary Social Sciences
See your program advisor for assistance with the following forms.
- Asian American Studies Minor Form
- Social Science Major Form
- Social Science Minor Form
- Social Science Teacher Preparation (Single Subject) Major Form
- Social Science Teacher Preparation (Multiple Subject) Major Form
- Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Minor Form
- Change of Major/Minor Request for Students with fewer than 90 units—Declare, change or add a major and/or minor
- Change of Major/Minor Request for Students with 90 or more units—Declare, change or add a major and/or minor
- Excess Units Petition
- Graduation Application—Submit with a department Major Form (and Minor form, if applicable)
- Graduation Date Change
- Late Enrollment Petition: Pre-Census
- Late Enrollment Petition: Post-Census & Retroactive
- Leave Request form
- Readmission Petition (for former SJSU students)
- Reinstatement Petition
- Retroactive Undergraduate Petitions
- Substitution Form
- Transcript Request
- Petition for Course Drop
- Petition for Withdrawal (from all courses)
- Change of Graduate Major
- Application for Award of Master's Degree
- Graduation Date Change Request for Award of Master's Degree
- Graduate Petition for Reinstatement
- Retroactive Graduate Petitions