Submitting a Form for Signature

All students requesting a signature from the Department Chair or Major Advisor need to bring the following documents along with the completed form:

  1. “My Academics” Homepage (print screen)
  2. Course History (via “My Academics”)
  3. 2 Unofficial transcripts from SJSU
  4. Unofficial transcripts from previous college(s) OR print a copy of the “Transfer Credit” report from MySJSU “My Academics” section


  • All the above mentioned required documents will not be returned to the student. They will be kept by the department.
  • Please allow three to four business days of processing time and check back with the office for the status of the paperwork.
  • Students must print all forms themselves.  The department does not give out or print forms.
  • Please read the instructions on the forms carefully.
  • Only the Application for Graduation, Major Form, and Substitution form will be sent over to the Registrar by the department when you submit the form. For all other forms, please follow the instructions given on the form.



Interdisciplinary Social Sciences

See your program advisor for assistance with the following forms.

Office of the Registrar

  • Change of Major/Minor Request for Students with fewer than 90 units—Declare, change or add a major and/or minor
  • Change of Major/Minor Request for Students with 90 or more units—Declare, change or add a major and/or minor
  • Excess Units Petition
  • Graduation Application—Submit with a department Major Form (and Minor form, if applicable)
  • Graduation Date Change
  • Late Enrollment Petition: Pre-Census
  • Late Enrollment Petition: Post-Census & Retroactive
  • Leave Request form
  • Readmission Petition (for former SJSU students)
  • Reinstatement Petition
  • Retroactive Undergraduate Petitions
  • Substitution Form
  • Transcript Request

Academic Advising and Retention Services

  • Petition for Course Drop
  • Petition for Withdrawal (from all courses)


Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations

  • Change of Graduate Major
  • Application for Award of Master's Degree
  • Graduation Date Change Request for Award of Master's Degree
  • Graduate Petition for Reinstatement
  • Retroactive Graduate Petitions

S.I.S.S. Graduate Forms