Spartan Food Pantry
The Spartan Food Pantry is a full-service, staffed, walk-in pantry at SJSU offering non-perishable goods, fresh produce, and refrigerated items.
No student should have to face food insecurity. We define those in need as students who have limited or uncertain access to nutritious and safe foods because of a lack of money and other resources.
Spring 2020 Hours:
- Monday/Thursday/Friday 11AM-5PM
- Tuesday/Wednesday 12-6PM
Location: Diaz Compean Student Union (exterior entrance across from Engineering Rotunda)
- Experiencing Hunger/Food Insecurity
- Must be currently enrolled or future enrolled SJSU student who has had prior enrollment
- Must bring Tower ID Card and reusable grocery bags
- Must earn a gross annual income of $33,348* or less (no documentation required)
How Spartan Food Pantry Works
Step 1: Check In
- Check in (staff swipe your SJSU Tower ID card verifying you are currently enrolled)
- Complete the Spartan Food Pantry Intake & Agreement Form at one of our computer stations. This is completed on the first visit of each academic semester.
Step 2: Shop
- Shop for items within the six zones. Availability of stock in each zone may vary.
Staff will let you know if there are any limits per zone on that day.
- Zone 1 (Produce)
- Zone 2 (Multiple Use)
- Zone 3 (Cool Zone)
- Zone 4 (Single Use)
- Zone 5 (Toiletries)
- Zone 6 (Grab-N-Go)
Step 3: Check Out
- Check out (staff will review items and re-swipe your Tower ID)
- Bag items (in re-usable bag you've brought)
We highly encourage students to ask questions if they don't know how to prepare a food. SJSU Wellness & Health Promotion has an excellent website about Eating Well on a Budget that helps provide cooking tips, videos, and recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Follow Us on Social Media
*Income limits are set by US Government at 275% of the Federal Poverty Line. $2,862 monthly for individuals of a household of 1; add $1,013 per additional household member. Please ask if you have questions.