We are SJSU staff and faculty members of the university's Economic Crisis Response Team who are here to help students get through an emergency or situation involving a financial hardship. Our assistance is free and available to all SJSU students.
To request assistance from us, fill out and submit a Request for Assistance Form. Once you submit a request for assistance, we will contact you within 1 business day.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
A informal group of students, staff and faculty from across campus including, Associated Students, Counseling Services, Student Health Center, Spartan Shops, University Advancement and others meet monthly to work on solutions to reducing food insecurity at SJSU. Meetings take place in the Student Wellness Center Room 122A and are open to all. For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Information: Monthly from 10-11am on the third Thursdays 01.24.2019, 02.21.2019, 03.21.2019, 04.18.2019, & 05.16.2019. Open to all who are interested in assisting in food insecurity efforts on campus.
To request a presentation about SJSU Cares' programs, resources and services for your class, department, club or organization, submit our presentation request form.
Please submit your request as far in advance as possible and allow 4-5 business days for a response. Thank you.
The below reports can be helpful to those who want to have a deeper understanding of the challenges SJSU students face surrounding basic needs, campus and CSU efforts underway, and FAQs. The below information covers much of the information we are often asked in interview requests.
- News Story: Food Bank Helps 'Starving Students' at SJSU via KPIX 5 News 11.16.2018
- News Story: SJSU Twitter page raises free food awareness via Spartan Daily 10.17.2018
- News Story: Food Pantry Finds Permanent Home via Spartan Daily 10.03.2018
- 2018 CSU Basic Needs Action Report - Learn more about the CSU system-wide study on housing-displaced and food-insecure students commissioned by CSU Chancellor Timothy White.
- 2018 SHC Food Pantry Proposal - A formal proposal was written by the SHC this semester about a campus food pantry. The proposal has been reviewed by campus leadership and approved. If you wish to view the proposal please use this link for the most up to date version.
- 2018 SHC Senate Bill 85 Funding Announcement - News release "San José State University Receives $130K in SB 85 Funding for Food Security Efforts."
- SJSU Food Security Timeline - An annotated history of food security efforts at SJSU can be found in a document from the Student Hunger Committee.
- 2014 SJSU Student Food Access Survey - Student food/basic needs survey administered with the assistance of the Division of Student Affairs, Associated Students, & Student Hunger Committee.