Meet with a Pre-Admission Counselor
Student Outreach and Recruitment
Student Services Center
San Jose State University
One Washington Square
San Jose, California 95192-0014
An Admission Counselor Will Assist with the Following Information:
- Review the CSU Mentor online application process
- Review admission requirements for frosh (first-time freshman), transfer, and international applicants
- Review the four Basic Skills requirements for transfer applicants
- Review the A-G subject requirements, testing, and GPA requirements for frosh
Note: Due to the volume of applicants, we do not provide official transcript evaluations during pre-admission counseling sessions.
15 Minute Express Pre-Admissions Counseling
Pre-Admission Counselors are available Monday - *Thursday from 9:00-4:00 PM and on *Friday from 10:00-4:00 PM for 15 minute drop-in appointments. The Student Outreach and Recruitment Office is located on the first floor of the Student Services Center (on the corner of 9th and San Fernando).
Please review our Visit Us page for directions and parking information.
Pre-Admissions Counseling will not be available on the following dates:
- Friday, February 8, 2019 Closed from 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- Monday, April 1, 2019 Closed - Cécar Chávez Day (All Day)
- Monday, May 27, 2019 Closed - Memorial Day (All Day)
- Thursday, July 4, 2019 Closed - Independence Day (All Day)