The School of Social Work is guided by a strategic plan, originally developed in 2010 and regularly re-assessed and revised. The most recent revision occurred during a faculty retreat in January 2019. Below are the School's current strategic directions:
- Effective shared governance and operations.
- Ensure strategic, effective and efficient shared governence
- Strengthen the continuous renewal of strategic operations
- Student success
- Improve data-informed, results-driven administration of student supports for all our
students, on campus and on-line.
- Improve data-informed, results-driven administration of student supports for all our students, on campus and on-line.
- Align curriculum with vision, mission, values and accreditation and responsiveness
to community needs/career opportunities.
- Develop benchmarks, models, and bring forward recommended models.
- Ensure options and opportunities for high-impact community-based collaboration, locally and internationally.
- Comprehesively assess and improve Field Education.
- Comprehesively assess and improve Online/Hybrid Program
- Explore opportunities for advanced studies: dual degree and certificates for speciality fields of practice
- Ensure options and opportunities for community-based collaboration, locally and internationally.
- Ensure the talent, finanical, and operational resources necessary to drive Mission,
operationalize Values, address Strategic Directions, and achieve Goals
- Support stakeholder professional development
- Support faculty professional development
- Support student professional development
- Support community professional development
- Enhance alumni relations
- Expand marketing, communications and public relations
- Enhance revenue streams