MSW Program Advising

Students in the MSW Program receive advising through multiple avenues. With the assistance of the social work faculty and staff, the MSW Program Coordinator and Graduate Advisor have the responsibility for providing academic and professional advising. Here is the link to Faculty Advisors.

Before contacting the MSW Program Coordinator and Graduate Advisor, social work graduate students should first consult the MSW Student Handbook.  Please refer to the Graduate Program Typical Course Plan for more information. If the concern is internship related, please first contact your Faculty Field Liaison (FFL) before contacting the Field Education Director.

Below are links to commonly used forms and to university services web sites:

  • Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations 
    Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations (GAPE) handles procedures related to admissions, and university level program requirements for graduate students. 

    Link to common GAPE forms 
    • Application for Award of Master's Degree
    • Departmental Request for Candidacy and Graduate Degree Program
    • Graduation Date Change Request for Award of Master's Degree
    • Request for Course Substitution in Master's Degree Program
    • Request for Validation of Transfer Credit

  • Bursar's Office 
    The Bursar's Office is responsible for the billing and collection of tuition, fees, campus housing and other university related charges. 

  • Registrars Office 

    Link to common forms:  
    • Excess Units Petition
    • Late Enrollment Requests
    • Late Drop
    • Leave Request Form
    • Reinstatement Petition
    • Retroactive Add/Drop Petitions
    • Transcript Requests
    • Withdrawal from the Semester Request

  • SJSU Advising Hub - I am a new graduate student 
    SJSU's basic information for new graduate students. 

  • Student Resources - Advising Hub 
    SJSU's main web resource to direct students to resources.