Basic Application Information
If you are applying to our MSW Program, please note the following instructions.
Admission to the MSW Program is once a year and for the Fall Semester only.
Admission to the MSW Program at SJSU requires two separate applications, which are:
1. Application for admission to San Jose State University. This first application must include:
- SJSU graduate application completed on-line through www.CSUMentor.edu, including a TBD application fee. *
- Official transcripts from all your college level education and any other required documentation. The transcripts must be in their original unopened University/College envelopes. *
- Applications are accepted October 1, 2015 -January 1, 2016 to Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations (GAPE)
2. Application for admission to the School of Social Work. This second application must include:
- School of Social work application for admission to the MSW Program
- Support documents as listed on the application.
- Applications and documents also are accepted October 1, 2015 - January 20, 2016 to the School of Social Work. Applications that are submitted and completed by the aforementioned dates will receive first consideration.
*Please send official transcripts and other documentation to GAPE, San Jose State University, One Washington Square, San Jose, CA 95192-0016. To expedite the evaluation process at the GAPE Office, we strongly encourage you to obtain and submit your official transcripts as soon as possible once the application process begins. GAPE does not require submission of SJSU undergraduate transcripts.