Group Fitness Policies
The following policies are put into place to ensure your safety and enjoyment of all our classes. Any participant who refuses to follow these policies may be asked to leave the class.
1. Please arrive on time to all classes. Not receiving a proper instructor-led warm-up can lead to potential health and safety risks. For your own well being, we do not recommend entering class more than 5 minutes after it has started.
2. Equipment is not allowed to be removed from designated fitness areas. Equipment is not available for use outside of class time.
3. A valid photo ID (SJSU Tower Card or Driver's License) and facility membership are required to attend all classes, and to enter the Sport Club, or SPX pool.
4. Prior to participating in any Sport Club facility activity, a waiver must be signed a the front desk.
5. If you have health concerns, please consult a physician prior to attending or participating in our classes.
6. Participants must be SJSU students 18 years old or older. Parental signature on informed consent agreement is required for SJSU student participants under the age of 18.
7. Events are wheelchair accessible. Individuals requiring other accommodations should contact the DRC at 408.924.6002.
8. Participants are responsible for the security and safety of their personal belongings at all times. Participants using locker rooms will need to supply their own lock. We recommend you lock all items in the locker before attending classes. We strongly recommend that you secure your belongings and be aware of your surroundings. Report any suspicious activity to the University Police Department at 408.924.2222.
Group Fitness Policies
1. All participants must have a current Facility Membership to take classes.
2. All participants must check in at the Sport Club front desk prior to entering classes. Many classes have limited space. We highly recommend you reserve your spot through IMLeagues.com or the IMLeagues app prior to the class.
3. You may reserve your spot in any class for the week beginning each Sunday of the week.
4. Please come dressed in appropriate workout attire. The following shoes will not be permitted: Keds, sandals, boots, dress shoes, and/or shoes with marking soles. Also, jeans, khakis, or other dress wear will not be permitted.
5. Classes may be substituted and/or canceled if attendance is consistently low.
Aqua Fitness Policies
1. All participants must have purchased a valid package to take a class. Instructors will have a daily updated sheet for eligible participants with a Aqua fitness pass. Bring your receipt to the first few classes until you verify your name appears on the list. All Aqua classes are included for students and any facility membership holders. Please bring your SJSU student ID or member card to attend Aqua classes.
2. Proper attire is required.
3. First time participants — please arrive 5–10 minutes early to ensure proper fitting/explanation of any equipment being used. Flotation belts are required to be worn by all participants.
4. There is no open swimming permitted before or after class.
Class Cancellation Policy
Aerobics Room/Multipurpose Room:
- If there are less than 4 people in your class, the instructor will give the class the option for class to still run. If participants opt not to participate, the class will be canceled for that day.
- If there are 2 or fewer people in class, it is at the discretion of the instructor whether they cancel class or not.
- If the class participation falls below 4 participants for 3 consecutive classes, the class may be replaced or canceled.
Dance Studio A/B and Aqua fitness (SPX 79A):
- If there are less than 3 people in your class, the instructor will give the option for class to still run. If participants opt not to participate the class will be canceled for that day.
- If there are 2 or less people in the class, it is at the discretion of the instructor whether they cancel class or not.
- If the class participation falls below 3 participants for 3 consecutive classes, the class will be replaced or canceled.