Intramural Sports Policies
Intramural Sports Eligibility
It is the responsibility of each team captain to verify the eligibility of his/her team members.
- All students with their valid SJSU Tower Card are eligible to participate in Intramural Sports events.
- Intercollegiate, semi-professional (receiving pay for playing), professional, and Olympic athletes: Any participant whose name appears on a team roster for any of these types of teams or organizations is ineligible to participate in the Intramural Program's sport equivalent(s) for one academic year following the one in which he/she was a member of the team. (Ex. If the player appeared on the SJSU Basketball roster in 2015-16, he/she will not be eligible to participate in any Intramural Basketball event for the year 2016-17.) This rule also applies to "Red Shirts."
- SJSU Club Sport, non-SJSU "Club", or other travelling "club" team players: An intramural team may not have more than two players from the club sport equivalent sport on their Intramural team roster. Most non-SJSU teams in all sports will fall under this category. The Intramural Coordinator will make case by case determinations, if necessary, as to whether or not a non-SJSU sport team falls under this category.
- Corresponding sports: Varsity players and club players have restrictions for sports
they can participate in. Corresponding spots are as follows for varsity and/or club
- Baseball/Softball: Wiffleball, Softball
- Basketball: Basketball, 3-on-3 Basketball
- Football: Flag Football, 4-on-4 Flag Football
- Soccer: Soccer, Indoor Soccer
- Volleyball: Indoor and Outdoor Volleyball
Any other determinations by the IM Sports Coordinator will take into effect similar rules.
Any games that are found to have had ineligible players checked in will be forfeited by the offending team.
Intramural Sports and Cmapus Recreation reserves the right to check on the eligibility of players at any time.
Tower Card ID Policy: No ID, NO Play, NO EXCEPTIONS
All participants must present their valid SJSU Tower Card to teh Intramural Supervisor before participating in each contest. Intramural Supervisors will not allow anyone to play in a game without proper identification.
Click HERE for all our Intramural Sports policies and procedures.