Apply for Spartan Summer Institute 2018. See what program you qualify for and learn more about SSI here!
Applications will be coming soon!
All students need to complete the following in order to be considered for SSI:
- Complete your Next Steps Intent to Enroll process at SJSU by May 1, 2018.
- Eligibility is determined by a student's Enrollment Category in Math and Writing. Only students in both M-IV (Math category 4) and W-IV (Writing category 4) will be invited to participate in SSI. If you qualify, we will contact you early-May.
- Complete the Spartan Summer Institute 2018 application by May 25, 2018. Students will be selected on a rolling application (first-come, first-serve basis until capacity is reached).
- Selected applicants will be required to participate in a phone interview before being notified of their status (June).
- Provide a Letter of Recommendation (from a high school teacher, counselor, coach,
or close family friend) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 8, 2018. Make sure to include your name and SJSU ID in the letter. The letter should address
the following points:
- In what capacity have you worked with the student?
- What can you tell us about the student and their work ethic? Qualities? Characteristics?
- Describe how the student would benefit from participating in the Spartan Summer Institute.
- Why would you recommend the student to participate in this summer transition program?
For questions, please contact us at: email@example.com