Spartan Summer Institute Important Details
- SSI Dates: July 7, 2018 - August 3, 2018
- Program Check-in: Saturday, July 7 from 10-1pm at Campus Village 2 (CV2)
- Mandatory Weekends: July 7-8 & July 28-29 (both the Residential & Commuter program)
- Welcome Meeting: July 7 at 1:30pm (mandatory for students, optional for guests)
- Frosh Orientation: All SSI participants will attend Frosh Orientation Session #3 on July 10, 2018. If you registered for a different Frosh Orientation session, we will move both you and your family/guests into Frosh Orientation Session #3. Please inform your family/guests of this change.
Required Program Forms:
Must complete and submit all required documents in order to be considered to participate in the program. These forms are shared via email. Please complete and return these documents by following the submission directions on the forms.
- SSI Program Agreement
- SSI Parent-Guardian Weekend Release Form
- SSI Medication & Release Authorization Form
- Conduct Agreement
- Student Travel Informed Consent Form
- Release of Liability Agreement
- Minor Participation Agreement (only if under 18)
What are the costs?
This program is offerred to all student participants at no cost to the student. However, the program will not cover extra-curricular expenses (off-campus food, extra expenses, etc.) Students will be provided a full program scholarship, which covers the following:
- Room & Board (Residential Students only)
- Course tuition
- Class textbooks
- Course materials/supplies
- Weekend activities
- On-campus dining (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
What resources will you visit during SSI?
- Sports Club
- Student Wellness Center
- Transportation Solutions (VTA)
- Major Advising Success Centers
- Dining Commons
- University Housing (Conference Services)
- MLK Jr. Library
- Frosh Orientation
- City of San Jose
Learn more about the program on our FAQ page!