On Campus Resources
Crisis Intervention: SJSU Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
If you feel like your life is falling apart, if you are having difficulty coping, and are in crisis and need to speak to someone immediately, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is here to help you. We have personal counselors available to talk with you Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Please come on in or give us a call at (408) 924-5910.
If you need assistance after hours, please call:
- 911 or San José State University Police at (408) 924-2222
- Call (408) 924-5910 and press 4 to reach the after-hours crisis services or,
- The Santa Clara County Suicide and Crisis Service at (855) 278-4204
University Police Department (UPD)
- 9-1-1 any phone
- Bluelight or Elevator phones
- 408-924-2222 cell phones
- Tip Now (Voicemail/Text): 408-337-2919
- Tip Now (Email/Text): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crimestoppers: 408-924-2236
BIT members work together to detect, track and intervene within the campus community in order to reduce, if not completely avoid, violence and tragedy on the SJSU campus.