Intern Program Components are currently being revised due to CCTC requirements. Intern paperwork will not be signed off by Dr. Hagie until we receive approval. We apologize for the inconvenience.
INTERN PROGRAM NEW REQUIREMENTS
If you are interested in the Intern Program:
- And you are matriculated in a Department of Special Education Credential program, please submit (drop off or mail) a professional letter requesting to be an Intern with a paper copy of your unofficial transcript to the office (SH 204) for review.
- And you are applying to the credential program for the fall 2014 semester, the requirements are as follows: completion of EDSE 224, Intern Institute on August 4th-8th (register online) and two courses related to teaching.
Please attend the next Intern Orientation on April 25th from 4pm to 5pm in
Sweeney Hall room 230.
Be sure to keep watching this page for more update information. Thank you!
The Collaborative Intern Program
Is a joint project between the Department of Special Education at San Jose State University
and local school districts, non-public schools and County Offices of Education. It
is designed to give students the opportunity to teach and gain hands-on experience
while pursuing a credential at SJSU.
In order to become an intern, you must:
I. Be admitted to SJSU and the Department of Special Education (please apply via the same route as listed on the How To Apply page)
II. Have a job offer
III. Turn in the Intern Documents as requested by the Department of
Special Education. Intern Application Packet.
- If your documents are sufficient and you are approved for the intern option, you will need to apply for your INTERN CREDENTIAL immediately with the Credentials Office.
- Please visit the Credentials Office and navigate to the appropriate checklist in order to obtain your intern credential.
- Your Intern Agreement Form is the only item on the checklist that is picked up from the Special Education Office.
IV. Attend the Summer Intern Institute; a week-long seminar designed to prepare students for success in their first semester as an Intern.
Information for the 2014 Summer Intern Institute is outlined below:
Monday, August 4 - Friday, August 8, 2014
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Room: Sweeney Hall 230
Please click on the following link to register: Intern Institute Registration