PRELIMINARY EDUCATION SPECIALIST CREDENTIAL ROAD MAPS
- Preliminary 4-Semester Plans:
- Preliminary 6-Semester Plans:
LEVEL II COURSE DESCRIPTIONS
Note: December 31, 2014 is the last date to enroll candidates into the Level II Education Specialist Program.
All Level II candidates must finish their Level II program by December 31, 2019.
MA PROGRAM COURSES
- Prerequisite: Statistics Course
- 5 Elective Courses (to be chosen with your adviser)
- 1 Autism Course: EDSE 218A/B/C
- Courses to be taken in Sequential Order:
- *EDSE 285: Seminar on Issues Related to Teaching Exceptional Individuals (Spring only)
- *EDSE 231: Issues and Research in Special Education* (Spring only)
- EDSE 231X: Educational Research: Design and Implementation (Fall only)
- EDSE 220: Research Seminar on Exceptional Individuals (Spring only)
- Total: 30 units
*EDSE 285 and EDSE 231 to be taken in the same semester.
ADDED AUTHORIZATION COURSES
- Early Childhood Authorization
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Authorization (3 online courses)
- EDSE 218A: ASD: Moderate to Severe Disabilities
- EDSE 218B: ASD: Mild to Moderate Disabilities
- EDSE 218C: ASD: Collaboration and Implementation of Best Practices