INTERN PROGRAM PREREQUISITES:
(For students who are enrolled in a credential program AND are interested in the Intern
- be a matriculated student in a Special Education Credential program at SJSU,
- have completed 165 hours of prerequisite coursework or at least one semster in our program(3 courses) of Special education coursework which must include the course EDSE 224
- have a job offer as a teacher
- have passed the appropriate CSET requirement
To indicate your interest in the Intern program please submit a professional letter (requesting to be an Intern) to Dr. Lisa Simpson. Please include a copy of your unofficial transcripts. These documents may be emailed to Dr. Simpson (email@example.com), hand-delivered to the department office in SH 204, or mailed to the following address for review:
Department of Special Education
ATTN: Dr. Lisa Simpson
One Washington Square
Sweeney Hall 204
San Jose, CA 95192-0078
IN ORDER TO BECOME AN INTERN, YOU MUST:
- Submit the Completed Intern Application Packet as requested by the Department of Special Education.
- Attend the Summer Intern Institute. The Intern institute is to prepare students for success in their first semester as an Intern.
Information for the 2018 Week-long Summer Intern Institute:
Dates: July 30th - August 3
Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Room: Sweeney Hall 230
Intern Application Packet
Print and then complete each of the documents below. Submit the entire packet of completed forms to the Department of Special Education, located in Sweeney Hall Room 204.Be sure to read all forms carefully and submit the required documentation with each form.
Once the completed application is reviewed and approved, you will be provided with an Intern Memo to take to the credential office to apply for the Intern Credential.
- Checklist for Intern Application Packet [PDF]
- Collaborative Intern Program Application [PDF]
- IRIS Moduels Instructions [PDF]
- Intern Agreement Form [PDF]
- Support Provider Application [PDF]
- Support Provider Job Description [PDF]
- Support and Supervision Record Form [PDF]
- Supervision Course Application [PDF]