Professional Development Committee
Professional Development Day Breakout Session Handouts (or Links)
- ALICE Training (Video: Run, Hide, Fight)
- Who Are Our Students
- Self-Care Through Strengths
- Ask A Question, Save A Life (Additional Resources: Suicide Prevention Trainings, American Association of Suicidology
- On The Job: Communication Etiquette
- Take Your Resume from Retro to Wow!
- Healthy Eating on the Run
- Managing the Distressed Students: Our "FOCUS" (Additional Resources: Suicide Prevention Trainings, American Association of Suicidology
The Student Affairs Staff Development Committee exists to facilitate professional
development among divisional staff members through a number of initiatives. The committee's
aim is to share information and increase communication; build a sense of team within
the division; create interaction; improve staff morale and retention; and provide
personal and professional development experiences designed to enhance the skills and
knowledge necessary for staff to become increasingly effective in their roles.
ROLE OF THE COMMITTEE
The committee is charged with the following roles:
- Plan, organize and coordinate Division-Wide Meetings, Professional Development Day and other events, as assigned;
- Provide knowledge and resources to facilitate best practices;
- Create opportunities for cross-departmental collaborations;
- Develop and maintain a staff recognition program.
Art King, 408-924-5900
Membership consists of two members from each sub-division of the Division of Student Affairs. The committee reports to the VP for Student Affairs and is chaired by the Vice President's designee.
- Ryan Brady, Disability Resource Center
- Yolanda Fernandez, Enrollment Services
- Monica Garcia, VPSA
- Art King, Committee Chair, VPSA
- Susan Rockwell. Career Center
- Marian Sofish, Registrar's Office
- Alicia Samis, Student Conduct and Ethical Development
- Hyon-Chu Yi-Baker, MOSAIC