Outstanding Graduating Senior
At the May 2017 Graduation Commencement, San José State University will continue its tradition of presenting two Outstanding Graduating Senior Awards. These awards recognize both academic excellence and outstanding service to the University and community. If you are a Fall 2016 graduate or a graduating senior for Spring 2017, and meet the following criteria, please consider applying for one of these prestigious awards.
- An overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.75;
- Significant demonstrated SJSU leadership area(s) of university life and/or;
- Significant contributions to the welfare of the university and/or the community, and/or;
- Evidence of a high level of intellectual, artistic, or academic accomplishment, and/or personal contribution as an undergraduate student;
- At least one professional nomination letter submitted by a SJSU faculty or staff member.
Nominations for the Outstanding Graduating Senior Awards are being solicited through various campus sources. Additionally, a selection committee comprised of faculty and staff will review all applications received and make recommendations to President Mary Papazian, who will make the final decision.
If you wish to be considered for this honor, please submit an online Application Form, no later than TBD.
Faculty and Staff interested in nominating a student please complete and submit the online Nomination Form, no later than TBD.
If you have questions, feel free to contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at 408-924-5900.