Outstanding Graduating Senior
At the May 2019 Graduation Commencement, San José State University will continue its tradition of presenting two Outstanding Graduating Senior Awards. These awards recognize both academic excellence and outstanding service to the University and community. Graduates from Summer 2018 or Fall 2018 or graduating seniors for Spring 2019, who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for one of these prestigious awards.
- Overall GPA of at least 3.75
- Significant demonstrated SJSU leadership in the area of university life
- Significant contributions to the welfare of the university and/or the community
- Evidence of a high level of intellectual, artistic, and/or academic accomplishment, and personal contribution as an undergraduate student
- At least one professional nomination letter submitted online by a SJSU faculty or staff member
Nominations for the Outstanding Graduating Senior Awards are being solicited through various campus sources. Additionally, a selection committee comprised of faculty and staff will review all applications received and make recommendations to President Mary Papazian, who will make the final decision.
If you wish to be considered for this honor, please submit an online Application Form, no later than April 15, 2019, 11:59pm.
****(NOTE: Deadline extended to April 16, 2019, 11:59 PM due to technical difficulty on the application portal on Monday).
Faculty and Staff interested in nominating a student please complete and submit the online Nomination Form, no later than April 15, 2018, 11:59pm.
****(NOTE: Deadline extended to April 16, 2019, 11:59 PM due to technical difficulty on the nomination portal on Monday).
If you have questions, feel free to contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at 408-924-5900 or email email@example.com.