Men Creating Change
Men Creating Change promotes advocacy, education, and leadership on SJSU's campus. Men Creating Change mobilizes and inspires collegiate men to prevent men's violence against women. Men Creating Change builds men's capacity to challenge harmful aspects of traditional masculinity, to value alternative visions of male strength, and to embrace their vital role as allies with women to foster healthy relationships and gender equality.
Men Creating Change is an affiliate of the Office of Student Conduct and Ethical Development and the national organization Men Can Stop Rape.
The Men Creating Change motto is: “Creating Campuses Free From Violence!”
Goals of Outreach and Education:
- Mobilize and inspire collegiate men to prevent men's violence against women
- Build men capacity to challenge harmful aspects of traditional masculinity
- Inform campus community of available services and resources
- Provide educational information and tools on how to protect against and end sexual violence
- Address underlying causes of sexual violence in order to facilitate long term culture change in which sexual violence will not be tolerated
For questions or to obtain an application for involvement please contact Staci D. Gunner at (408) 924-5985 or by e-mail at email@example.com
All male-identified students are welcome to apply!