1. Question: Can I apply to more than one program?
    Answer: Yes, you may apply to more than one type of program, for example, one bilateral program and one CSU program, but not multiple locations within one type of program. 

  2. Question: Can I study abroad more than once?
    Answer: Yes, as long as your degree permits it and you are able to complete your requirements in time for graduation.

  3. Question: What are my housing options abroad?
    Answer: For the Bilateral and CSU programs, you have the freedom to choose your own type of housing: apartment, dormitory, etc. based on the options available at your location. 

  4. Question: Where can I find out more information about studying abroad?
    Answer: The best way to find out more about study abroad is to attend one of the regularly scheduled weekly study abroad information sessions. The schedule for these sessions is located here. You can also always stop by the Study Abroad Office in CIES (Student Union West) to talk with a Student Assistant or to pick up pamphlets about specific programs.

  5. Question: Who can I talk to with specific study abroad questions?
    Answer: Study Abroad Student Assistants are available for walk-in questions and advising in the Study Abroad Office, Tuesday through Friday from 11:00am–1:00pm and 3:00pm - 4:00pm (there are no drop-in hours on Mondays). If you still have questions that a Student Assistant is unable to answer or you cannot come into the office during drop-in hours, you can ask to make an appointment with a Study Abroad Coordinator.

  6. Question: Is there financial aid or scholarships for study abroad?
    Answer: Yes! Both financial aid and scholarships are available for students studying abroad. See the Finances page for more information.

  7. Question: Can graduate students study abroad?
    Answer: Yes, but the course offerings abroad may not include graduate level courses. Be sure to check this first and consult with your academic advisor about your intentions to study abroad.

  8. Question: Can I study abroad the semester I plan to graduate?
    Answer: Yes, seniors are eligible to study abroad in the final semester of their degree as long as they can meet all their graduation requirements through course offerings at the host university. Seniors should plan ahead and work closely with their academic advisors to select the appropriate program and coursework.

    Graduating seniors should prepare graduation applications prior to departure for their study abroad program and meet with a graduation evaluator. Students should be aware that it generally takes 1–3 months for host institutions to send the participants’ transcripts to the SJSU Study Abroad Office. Some programs can take longer which will cause delays in completing graduation applications. If this is the case, graduating seniors may consider walking in the spring graduation ceremony even though they will not receive their actual diploma until the following summer or fall semester because of the delay in grades from abroad.