How to Apply

International Students can apply to study abroad at San Jose State University if their home university has a bilateral exchange agreement with SJSU. If you are an international student from one of our SJSU academic partner universities (pdf), then you can complete the SJSU International Student Study Abroad Application (pdf) and submit it to your home university’s exchange coordinator. SJSU does not accept applications directly from student applicants. 

Unfortunately United States citizens living abroad and international students with dual U.S. citizenship are ineligible for our exchange programs. 

If you have any questions about the application procedure, please feel free to contact the ISSS Office directly. 

If your university does not yet have a partnership with SJSU, please have your university contact Dr Alaric Trousdale at in order to inquire about how to set up a partnership. Please have your university do this as soon as possible if you are interested in studying at SJSU as a visiting student. We will not be able to advise you about how to apply to SJSU as a visiting student until an academic partnership has been established between your university and SJSU.