L’École Nationale Supérieure de Création Industrielle (ENSCI)
This is a reciprocal exchange relationship between SJSU and ENSCI. The program is open to students for Industrial Design and Textile Design.
- Earn SJSU resident credits for all completed courses.
- Pay your normal SJSU tuition and fees.
- Use your financial aid and apply for scholarships.
- Immerse yourself in French culture.
- Study for one semester or an academic year.
- Gain an advantage when applying for jobs and graduate school.
As one travel site puts it “Paris has all but exhausted the superlatives that can reasonably be applied to any city. Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower have been described countless times, as have the Seine [River] and the subtle (and not-so-subtle) differences between the Left and Right Banks. Yet, what writers have never been able to even slightly reflect is the grandness and the magic.” One of the most historic Western cities, Paris is a vibrant metropolitan city with architectural styles reflecting its storied history and a culture that always seems to be “modern” in any era. Awash with landmarks, street cafes, shops, and people who are both seeing and being seen, Paris is also a city that is home to many students (visiting and residents).
L’Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Création Industrielle, otherwise known as ENSCI, is an award-winning school for design located in beautiful Paris. The school was started in 1982 as the nation’s first national school devoted exclusively to industrial design. ENSCI allows students to discover and deepen their design abilities to work with public industry and commerce, while also considering sustainable development and remaining open to contemporary art and culture.
- be enrolled as an SJSU student for one semester prior to departure, or be a California community college student eligible to enter SJSU by the semester of departure,
- have completed lower division requirements for your intended field of study,
- have Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing by the semester of departure,
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
Students are permitted to enroll in any classes in which they are qualified. Most of the classes offered are only available in French.
*Students must be able to work and communicate in French, although some projects and presentations may be given in English. Staff on campus may assist students in finding French lessons if desired.
Students are responsible for finding and applying for their own housing accommodations. ENSCI does not have on-campus housing available, but the International staff will be available upon request to assist students in finding off-campus housing.
|SJSU Tuition & Fees||3,585.00||
These costs are current as of 2012–13. These are estimated costs for the whole semester. Consult the Bursar’s Office for up-to-date information on tuition and fees. Personal expenses may vary among different students, and those who will be doing a lot of traveling during the school break and after the program should estimate higher.
|Round Trip Transportation||1,500.00|
|Room & Meals||5,300.00|
|Books & Supplies||300.00|