Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)
- Earn SJSU resident credits for all completed courses.
- Pay your normal SJSU tuition and fees.
- Use your financial aid and apply for scholarships.
- Immerse yourself in Australian culture.
- Study for one semester or an academic year.
- Gain an advantage when applying for jobs and graduate school.
Melbourne has almost 4 million residents from over 140 nations and is home to around 50,000 international students.
The main RMIT campus is located in Melbourne. It is an urban campus surrounded by cafes, student restaurants and recreation facilities. Melbourne is a diverse, multicultural city with a great variety of entertainment, ranging from cultural events (Comedy, Film and Fashion festivals), sporting events (Formula 1, Australian Open Tennis) to fantastic live music and thumping all-night dance venues.
One of Australia’s “original and leading educational institutions,” the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology produces some of Australia’s most employable graduates. As an innovative, global university of technology, with its “heart in the city of Melbourne,” RMIT has an international reputation for excellence in work-relevant education and high quality research, and “engagement with the needs of industry” and community.
Established in 1887, RMIT is a dynamic university of technology with several campuses based around Melbourne. Expert teachers, excellent facilities, and the latest technology equipment help students gain the most from the large range of academic programs. Many RMIT academics are leaders in their industry, allowing students to gain insight into the latest developments in their chosen field.
RMIT is a highly internationalized university with over 8,000 international students from more than 100 countries. Overseas students are actively supported with a large range of support services, student organizations, and activities. Total enrollment: 56,000 students.
- be enrolled as an SJSU student for one semester prior to departure, or be a California community college student eligible to enter SJSU by the semester of departure,
- have completed lower division requirements for your intended field of study,
- have Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing by the semester of departure,
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Communication and Education: arts, advertising, education, hotel management, information management, journalism, media, new media, professional writing, public relations, tourism
- Health, Science and Design: architecture & landscape architecture, design [graphic, industrial, interior], earth & land science, ecology & environmental science, human biology, human nutrition, medical science, nursing, psychology, sports administration, sports media, physical sciences, social sciences
- Business: accounting, banking, finance, business administration, economics, management, management sciences, information technology, investment mathematics, marketing
- Engineering: computer, electronics; communications, software
For more information, please see:
|Spring Semester||March–July||October 1|
|Fall Semester||July–December||March 1|
|SJSU Tuition & Fees||3,585.00||
These costs are current as of 2012–13. These are estimated costs for the whole semester. Consult the Bursar’s Office for up-to-date information on tuition and fees. Personal expenses may vary among different students, and those who will be doing a lot of traveling during the school break and after the program should estimate higher.
|Round Trip Transportation||1,300.00|
|Room & Meals||5,500.00|
|Books & Supplies||400.00|