Tech,CPR, US Constitution Requirements
Options for meeting the Technology Requirement
Students beginning on or
prior to Spring 2018
after Spring 2018
Coursework at UCSC*, with grade of B or above
Lurie College Technology Test (Level 1)*
Common Sense Media (Digital Literacy)** - you will complete this course within the program when enrolled in EDSC 246 or EDTE 260.
** Important: To complete the "Google Educator, Level 1" and "Common Sense Media (Digital Literacy)" you must register for it using your offical SJSU.EDU email.
**Complete the one grade level band that is appropriate to a grade level in which you wish be certified.
Documentation required to verify completion of the Tech Requirement
- Google Educator and Common Sense Media - You will receive completion certificates from both Google Educator and Common Sense Media, print and or save both certificates as pdfs. Keep for your records. You will need to submit both certificates with your Preliminary Credential application after completing the program (you do not need to provide any documentation to the department).
- UCSC Coursework* - a UCSC transcript will be required when you apply for your Preliminary Credential after completing the program.
- Lurie College Level I Technology Test* - test results are sent directly to you and should be kept for your records as you will need it when you apply for your Preliminary Credential after completing the program.
*The Lurie College Tech Test and the Coursework at UCSC are no longer accepted unless you've already completed the Tech Requirement in either of these ways AND you started the credential program on or prior to Spring '18.
This requirement may be met by taking a course or passing an exam (read all paragraphs below for more information).
Meeting the U.S. Constitution Requirement via a COURSE...
- CSU BA/BS degree:
- If you have received a BA/BS degree from a CSU campus, then you have satisfied the U.S. Constitution requirement.
- CCTC Approved Course:
- If you have taken a CCTC approved course listed on the How to Meet the U.S. Constitution Requirement page of the Credentials Office website, submit your transcript (copy or print-out is sufficient) with the course highlighted and a note indicating the course you took which meets the U.S. Constitution requirement.
- Course that is NOT approved by CCTC:
- If you took a course, which you believe meets the U.S. Constitution requirement, at an institution that is NOT on the "How to Meet the U.S. Constitution Requirement" page of the Credentials Office website, complete and follow the instruction on the "U.S. Constitution Requirement Verification Form[PDF]" If the course is approved by the Credentials Office, submit a copy of the U.S. Constitution Requirement Verification Form with the Credentials Office stamp/signature to Teacher Education in SH 305. Keep the original in your records at home as you will need it when you apply for your credential after completing our program.
- CSU BA/BS degree:
Meeting the U.S. Constitution Requirement via a TEST...
- Notre Dame de Namur University Online Test
- U.S. Constitution online exam offered at Notre Dame de Namur University (this is the only online exam available that is approved by the SJSU College of Education).