Title IV-E Program Info - Work Interruption

A graduate who terminates qualifying employment before the work requirement is completed must repay the stipend. The graduate may request postponement of repayment due to personal hardship. Such a request must be approved by the school and by CalSWEC and may be extended for one additional year.

At the end of the postponement period, the graduate must return and complete her/his work requirement or repay the stipend. A waiver of repayment may be made in the case of permanent disability or death. If the graduate is laid-off because of county budget cuts and cannot secure employment in a public CWS agency within the State of California, they may make a request to continue their employment payback in a non-profit agency serving IV-E eligible clients.