Improve Your Health
After quitting tobacco use, do you know how quickly your health will improve?
Within 20 minutes:
- Your pulse decreases and returns to normal.
- Your blood pressure decreases and returns to normal.
- The temperature of your hands and feet goes up and returns to normal.
- Cardiovascular damage subsides.
Within eight hours:
- Carbon monoxide levels in your body decrease.
- Oxygen levels increase to normal.
Within 24 hours:
- Your chance of having a heart attack decreases.
Within 48 hours:
- Your senses of smell and taste improve.
- Your damaged nerve endings start to regrow.
Within 72 hours:
- Nicotine is out of your body.
- Breathing becomes easier.
Tobacco is an expensive habit. A person who smokes a pack of cigarettes each day spends almost $2,000 per year on smoking. Quit and save!
One week = $5+
One month = $150+
One year = $1,800+
Five years = $9,000+