Event Planner (PDF)
As an Event Planner in San Jose State’s Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving program,
you have the opportunity to use your experience and skills to engage alumni, students,
parents, faculty, staff and friends in a wide variety of activities that strengthen
ties to the university. We are excited to welcome you to our fun and collaborative
team environment where you will create memorable and meaningful experiences for many
members of our community.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and coordinate event logistics for a variety of large- and small-scale events
- Design solutions for event-related needs of the Alumni Engagement team and our partners on campus
- Prepare program details and provide briefing material to campus leadership and key staff
- Coordinate all event-related correspondence, reports and presentation materials
- Lead staff and volunteers in carrying out the event plan on site
- Identify, select and manage relationships with internal and external vendors
- Build and monitor event budgets
- Support the Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving team in additional priorities
What you have:
The ideal candidate will have experience in providing their clients with creative and cost-effective solutions achieving their stated objectives through the event(s) in addition to:
- Four years of direct, full-time event planning experience
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is strongly preferred
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience with a wide variety of small and large-scale events
- Experience in higher education and familiarity with San Jose State University desirable
- A can-do, team player attitude
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend events, occasionally requiring local, in-state, and out-of-state travel
- A California Driver’s License or independent means of transportation to go to various
locations on and off campus.
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary and generous employee benefits package will be offered.
Tower Foundation employment is separate and distinct from San Jose State University or State of California employment. Tower Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender status, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, or covered veteran’s status, consistent with all applicable federal and state laws. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self disclose. Tower Foundation is not a visa sponsoring organization.
Final candidates will be required to complete a background check. The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification
Review of applications begins June 30, 2016 and position is open until filled.
Submit a resume, cover letter and salary history to:
Event Planner Search
Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0126
Grant Accountant (PDF)
The Grant Accountant performs a variety of professional accounting functions involving project budget development, fiscal interpretation and analysis, reconciliations, reviews of multiple accounts and transactions, management of pre- and post-award accounting and reporting, and monitoring compliance with required deliverables.
The Tower Foundation is San Jose State University's foundation dedicated to philanthropy.
SJSU's donors make possible educational opportunities that prepare the future work
force of Silicon Valley. Our corporate and foundation partners enable our faculty
to pursue cutting edge research, funding diverse educational opportunities from the
Records Clearance Project, which enables early offenders to expunge their records
and make a fresh start, to the Information Design Collaborative, to research on fisheries
and aquaculture being conducted at Moss Landing Marine Laboratories. Tower Foundation
is in the planning phase for our next comprehensive campaign, and collaboration with
corporations and foundations will be a cornerstone of what promises to be a transformative
time for SJSU and Silicon Valley.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, prepare, and finalize proposal budgets, and provide budget justification.
- Review and approve expenditures, advise on post-award spending and commitment activity, and oversee compliance related to fund and revenue.
- Develop and communicate reports supporting project status; create effective forecasting and decision aides.
- Responsible for grant closeout; submit final reports and certificates. Compile information and documents needed for audit inquiries.
- Understand, apply, and advise on foundation and university policies for projects.
- Serve as a resource on grant administration and overall technical resource to project director and other university staff.
- Assist principal investigator in the preparation of the administrative components of proposals within parameters of funder guidelines.
- Serve as an active partner to principal investigators, Corporate and Foundation Relations, research groups, and other departments; respond to sponsor inquiries.
- Ensure grants are set up properly and cost-sharing requirements are fulfilled.
- Participate in and contribute to process improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural higher education environment.
- 4-year degree in accounting preferred; 3-5 years of experience with public or privately funded grant administration.
- Strong accounting skills; knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Competency in project management.
- Demonstrated technical skills with MS Office (intermediate Excel and Word skills) and with email programs such as Gmail. Knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge and Advance Web Access (AWA) preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
- Ability to review a proposal or manage a project with understanding of the overall scope and goal of each sponsored project.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- High level of initiative, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work under time-sensitive deadlines with minimal supervision.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hiring Salary Range: $68,000 - $76,000 annually
A generous employee benefits package will be offered.
Tower Foundation is not a visa sponsoring organization.
Tower Foundation employment is separate and distinct from San Jose State University
or State of California employment.
Tower Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, medical condition, military service, veteran’s status, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.