Tower Foundation of San Jose State University
About the Position
Be part of the collaborative, creative marketing communications team that’s leading the development and rollout of San Jose State University’s first-ever integrated brand platform!
Reporting to the director of marketing communications, the production manager is a
key member of the SJSU Strategic Communications and Public Affairs team. By providing
project management, as well as logistical and pre-production design support, to the
team, the production manager ensures that projects are delivered on schedule and that
clients, creative services contractors and vendors are informed every step of the
way. The incumbent supports the design production of a wide range of materials, and
also oversees the management of team project files and digital assets, such as photography
and videos, which are available to the entire university via SJSU’s photo library
and digital asset management tool.
Part of the Division of University Advancement, Strategic Communications and Public Affairs is responsible for the university’s overall marketing, communications and branding initiatives. The team creates and maintains university-wide marketing communications strategy and standards, and works with campus colleagues to advise them on communicating effectively and consistently.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Tracking and scheduling projects and workflow coordination.
- Serves as a liaison between marketing communications team and clients, including those within University Advancement and across the university. Clients may include university executives such as the president and vice presidents.
- Leads creative kick-off meetings with clients, writes creative briefs and builds and manages project schedules.
- Serves as primary point of contact with vendors—from writing specs for bid solicitation to attending press checks and coordinating invoicing.
- Helps resolve data processing, production and invoicing challenges.
- Ensures customer satisfaction and timely delivery of final deliverables.
- Preflight formatting of print and multimedia collateral.
- File and asset management, including project files (InDesign, Photoshop and other formats), photos, videos and multimedia assets.
- Ensure team staff and student employee compliance with production processes and standards.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s (or BFA) degree in design, communications or related field required. At least eight years of combined experience coordinating and/or managing print and digital projects and production for creative and/or marketing teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management best practices and methodologies, including traditional, agile and extreme project management.
- Proficiency with project management tools and software, such as Asana, Easy Projects, MS Excel or other project management tool, is required.
- Advanced proficiency with design software: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and other standard design industry technology.
- Extensive knowledge of offset and digital printing, paper selection, press checks, and color correction is preferred. Experience writing specs for print bids and working with vendors on a variety of deliverables.
We offer an area and industry competitive compensation package with full benefits.
Hiring Salary Range: $85,000 - $88,000
Required Application Material (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Letter of Interest
Portfolio Samples of Marketing Communications Projects (Produced and Managed)
Tower Foundation is not a sponsoring organization.
Tower Foundation employment is separate and distinct from San Jose State University or State of California employment. Tower Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender status, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, or covered veteran’s status, consistent with all applicable federal and state laws. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.