- Development Research Analyst
- Administrative Assistant for the CRTWC
- Director of Development, The Lucas College and Graduate School of Business
Position Classification: Full-Time Benefited – Non-exempt
Reporting Unit: Tower Foundation University Advancement – Development Unit
Reports To: Associate Director of Development Research
Become part of a bold and dynamic team! San Jose State University is seeking an energetic, highly motivated development professional with a proven track record for a Development Research Analyst position in the Division of University Advancement.
University Advancement boasts dedicated, accomplished personnel, working together in a cohesive and collegial fast-paced environment. We are looking for an innovative professional to add to our team to support philanthropic activity and help prepare us for our next comprehensive campaign.
San Jose State University is located in the heart of the dynamic Silicon Valley at the beautiful and sunny southern end of the San Francisco Bay.
About the Position
The Development Unit within University Advancement is responsible for all activities related to the generation and stewardship of philanthropic support for San Jose State University. These activities include major gifts, annual giving and special gifts, charitable gift planning, corporate and foundation giving, as well as individual giving initiatives undertaken through the university’s seven colleges, the library, and the division of student affairs and athletics.
Reporting to and under the general direction of the Associate Director of Development Research, the Development Research Analyst independently and proactively identifies/qualifies prospective individual, corporate and foundation major donors consistent with the university’s priorities and objectives and ensures the existence of a continuous supply of major donor prospects to support and meet ongoing fundraising goals. This position requires superior analytical skills as well as proactive persistence to follow spontaneous leads; strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize work and manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and execute strategies to identify sources of major gifts ($50,000+)
- Recommend strategies for cultivation and solicitation in consultation with Associate Director of Development Research and Development Officers
- Analyze and assess information from numerous sources and present results in a clear, concise manner.
- Evaluate research results to develop and implement further research strategies
- Write documents (profiles, briefs, memos) using styles, grammar and content appropriate to the specific audience.
- Participate in and contribute to the formation of policies related to the processes and procedures of prospect management and related infrastructure support activities.
A bachelor’s degree in a related field, an advanced degree is a plus. Additionally, we require three years of experience in prospect research, development, library research or related field, preferably in an academic or non-profit environment. Experience or familiarity with Advance is desired.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a detail oriented environment
- Aptitude for logical thinking
- Highly developed sense of curiosity, perseverance and attention to details
- Commitment to the professional ethnic statements by APRA and CASE
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion
- Familiarity with datamining concepts and techniques
- Advanced computer knowledge especially Word and Excel
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of online prospect research tools
Hiring Salary Range: $ 61,000 – 64,000 per annum
The Tower Foundation offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, short and long term disability programs, 403B, and vacation and sick leave policies.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tower Foundation is not a visa sponsoring organization.
Tower Foundation employment is separate and distinct from San Jose State University or State of California employment. Tower Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender status, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, or covered veteran’s status, consistent with all applicable federal and state laws. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
Department: Elementary Education
Classification: Non-Exempt Part-time 5 Hours per week
Supervisor: Nancy Markowitz
Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant for the CETWC will work under the supervision of the
Director and Assistant Director to carry out all duties and responsibilities needed
to move our work with social-emotional learning forward.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare appropriate University/Tower Foundation forms to facilitate budget administration
Maintain detailed budget records
Process requisitions against appropriate budget(s)
Provide administrative support to Director and Assistant Director
2. Assist the Director and Assistant Director in day-to-day financial management
3. Order food for meetings and other events
Calendar all events and meeting locations
Liaison to Tower Foundation with regard to budgetary matters
4. Run copies for workshops/meetings
Maintain copier and obtain support/materials when needed
Assist in the creation of surveys on Survey Monkey or a similar application, input data from survey results, and create survey summary sheets
Type/prepare and distribute meeting minutes/notes/materials to participants
1. Education and experience
Previous experience working in organizational settings
Previous experience with budgeting and billing
Minimum AA degree
2. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
Experienced in using Word, Power-point, and Excel, and data collection programs such as SurveyMonkey
Understand basic web maintenance and willing to learn new web building tools/skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Understand basic budget/accounting concepts
Able to meet deadlines with attention to detail and accuracy
3. Complexity of Duties
Able to multi-task
Able to work with a variety of individuals