TRFT Graduation Information
General Graduation Information
Ready to Graduate?
There are several steps and some paperwork involved in finishing your degree and graduating.
Please note deadlines changes:
You can apply for graduation, as long as you are two full semesters away from graduating and not in disqualified academic standing. If students apply for graduation in a timely fashion, they will have two semesters of priority registration (spring and fall).
If you are applying for graduation (for the first time):
- Check the current Schedule of Classes for graduation paperwork deadlines.
- Pick up and complete a Graduation application from the Student Services Center, or download it from the Academic Forms section of the Registrar’s office website.
- A minor is no longer required for RTVF and TA majors (starting fall 2010). But if you elected to do a minor anyway, meet with an advisor for your minor, complete the minor form, and get the necessary signatures.
- Go to the Advising Section of this site. Download and complete a major form.
- Meet with your major advisor. Remember to bring all required records to this appointment: Come prepared.
- Your application should include your major form, minor form (if applicable), and your application to graduate. All completed paperwork should be sealed in an envelope and turned in to the graduation office in the 10th street Admissions and Records/Registrar’s building.
- And that’s it! Contact your faculty advisor with any questions you have about applying for graduation. More information is available in the online SJSU catalog.
Department Graduation Ceremony and SJSU Commencement
The RTVF/TA Department hosts a graduation ceremony at the end of each spring semester. A limited number of tickets are available to this event. Please contact the main office to verify that you are on the list once the date has been set.
The date of the TRFT Department graduation is announced in early spring semester. The Department graduation usually takes place in the University Theatre and is scheduled on the Friday night before SJSU Commencement (which is held in the morning on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.)