Tracking Your Progress to Degree

For Students via Self Service

One of the most important tools is to monitor your academic progress, which can be found in the Academic Requirements Report (Degree Audit) through MySJSU. This report provides a detailed summary of your degree requirements – both completed and those you need to complete. To access your report, simply follow these instructions.

While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this report, mistakes can occur. In the event of any discrepancies, University regulations prevail. You have the responsibility to report any perceived discrepancies to your major department. Questions about General Education or American Institution requirements should be taken to an academic advisor in Academic Advising and Retention Services. You may also contact them at

For more information on how to use this valuable tool, review View My Degree Progress Report


For Faculty/Staff/Advisors

After reviewing the student's academic requirements report, if there are any perceived discrepancies, you may send a detailed email to Please include the following in your email request(s):

  • Student Name (First, Last)
  • Student ID
  • Course & Number
  • Course Term and Year Completed
  • Course Grade
  • GE Area
  • Issue/Problem

If the academic requirements report is not available for the selected major, you may run a 'what-if' report as an Undeclared major to the your GE progress.