Board of General Studies
The Board of General Studies (BoGS) is a committee that reports to Curriculum & Research Committee and to the Provost. The Board of General Studies:
- solicits courses and curricular proposals designed to satisfy General Education requirements from all colleges and departments of the University;
- reviews, approves, and authorizes courses and curricular proposals for purposes of General Education; and
- evaluates the courses and curricula it has approved.
- in consultation with deans and chairs, provides for and approves "challenge" mechanisms for Basic Skills requirements.
- the Board considers petitions from programs for relief from the fifty-one semester hour General Education requirement.
The Board of General Studies consist of eleven members:
seven teaching faculty (representing seven colleges),
the Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Studies,
and the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies (Curriculum).
2015-2016 Meeting Dates
Simon Rodan, Chair
Please submit any proposals to Graduate and Undergraduate Studies office at least one week prior to BOGS meeting date(s).
Fall 2015- August 27, September 10, September 24, October 8, October 22, November 5, November 19, and December 3.