Board of General Studies
The Board of General Studies (BoGS) is a committee that reports to Curriculum & Research Committee and to the Provost. The Board of General Studies:
- solicits courses and curricular proposals designed to satisfy General Education requirements from all colleges and departments of the University;
- reviews, approves, and authorizes courses and curricular proposals for purposes of General Education; and
- evaluates the courses and curricula it has approved.
- in consultation with deans and chairs, provides for and approves "challenge" mechanisms for Basic Skills requirements.
- the Board considers petitions from programs for relief from the fifty-one semester hour General Education requirement.
The Board of General Studies consist of eleven members:
- seven teaching faculty (representing seven colleges),
- two students,
- the Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Studies,
- and the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies (Curriculum).
2014-2015 Meeting Dates
Bob Cooper, Chair
Fall 2014- August 28, September 11, September 25, October 9, October 23, November 6, November 20, December 4 (if needed)
Spring 2015- February 5, February 19, March 5, March 19, April 2, April 16, April 30, May 14 (if needed)