Humanities Department Goals
- Investigate topics using interdisciplinary approaches;
- Appreciate, understand and celebrate diversity, while knowing how to identify and bracket one’s own cultural bias;
- Think critically and creatively, and be willing to question authority and to express rational skepticism;
- Understand and appreciate creations of the human imagination and intellect;
- Synthesize various forms of knowledge to solve aesthetic, social and cultural problems;
- Read, write and speak as members of the educated public and as citizens prepared to face controversy;
- Develop and integrate performance and research skills, including information literacy;
- Become concerned and involved citizens, speaking on controversial issues and acting to influence the course of history.
- Engage in informed discussion and reflection about human values.
Creative Arts BA Learning Outcomes
- Perform interdisciplinary analysis of various forms of creative arts, attending to connections and commonalities as well as differences, in both written and oral formats.
- Understand and describe the arts as contested sites of cultural production and the role(s) of the arts in the development and articulation of various social forms.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and use practice-based methodologies in research projects.
- Identify, select, use and cite information sources appropriately.
- Create class projects that demonstrate innovative thinking.
- Collaborate effectively with other students in the completion of team projects.
Assessment of Student Learning
This page last updated 10/17/13