All Engineering graduate program reports are posted on the College of Engineering Website:
- Off-campus http://www.engr.sjsu.edu/ges/off-campus/assessment
- On-campus http://www.engr.sjsu.edu/ges/on-campus/assessment
To be a leading provider of high quality, practice-oriented software engineering graduates to Northern California, and to enhance engineering knowledge through research and scholarship. These graduates will be skilled in the analysis, design, and implementation of computer software systems. Graduates will be able to apply these skills to satisfy the requirements of a specific application.
Bachelor of Science Educational Objectives
The educational objective of the BS Software Engineering program is to ensure that the graduates are fundamentally sound, practical, participatory and professional.
Specifically, two to three years after graduation, the successful graduate will have
- Be engaged in successful professional practice in their chosen discipline.
- Demonstrate personal and professional leadership in their workplace and their community.
- Demonstrate effective communication in an engineering environment.
- Utilize formal and informal learning opportunities to maintain and enhance technical and professional growth.
Bachelor of Science Program Outcomes
Upon graduation the successful student will be able to demonstrate
- Ability to apply knowledge of math, engineering, and science
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- Ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Software Engineering is an interdisciplinary program with the Computer Science Department and assessment reports are cross listed.
Educational objective #1: spring 2010 (doc)
This page last updated 8-04-2011