All Engineering graduate program reports are posted on the College of Engineering Website:
- Off-campus http://www.engr.sjsu.edu/ges/off-campus/assessment
- On-campus http://www.engr.sjsu.edu/ges/on-campus/assessment
Mission of the Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Department
The MAE Department mission is:
To serve society, the public sector, and private industry by:
- Providing undergraduate and graduate mechanical and aerospace engineering education that prepares students with the engineering knowledge, modern applications, and lifelong learning skills required for service in the engineering profession and industry.
- Contributing to the development and application of knowledge through faculty scholarship.
- Preparing students for the modern professional-practice environment.
Educational Objectives of the BSME and BSAE Programs
The Educational Objectives for these programs are to provide:
- A strong foundation in mathematics, basic science and engineering fundamentals to successfully compete for entry-level positions or pursue graduate studies in ME / AE or related fields.
- Contemporary professional and lifelong learning skills including hands-on laboratory experience, familiarity with modern engineering tools, application software, and information technology to successfully compete in the local, national and global engineering market.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, broad knowledge, and an understanding of multicultural, societal, economic, and global perspectives to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, both as team members and as leaders.
- An understanding of the ethical choices inherent in the engineering profession to deal with issues such as public safety, product marketing, and respect for intellectual property.
Supporting Outcomes of the BSME and BSAE Programs
Graduates of these Programs will:
- Have an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Have an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Have an ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs.
- Have an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Have an ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Have an understanding of professional and ethicalresponsibility.
- Have an ability to communicateeffectively.
- Have the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global/societal context.
- Have a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, life-long learning.
- Have a knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Have an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
ABET Comp 4 (improvement) spring 2011
SLO 1: spring 2010
last updated 08-04-2011