Animation and Illustration
BFA Student Learning Objectives
- Understanding of basic design principles, concepts, media, and formats. The development of solutions to communication and design problems should continue throughout the degree program.
- Competence with a variety of studio elements such as color, drawing, and painting in various media.
- Skill in the use of basic tools and techniques and processes to work from concept to finished product. This includes capabilities in fields such as photography, typography, and general design procedures such as layouts and mechanicals.
- An understanding of the commercial applications of illustration.
- Functional knowledge of basic business practices and the history of illustration.
spring 2007 BFA report (doc) fall 2007 report (doc)