Humanities Department Goals
- Investigate topics using interdisciplinary approaches;
- Appreciate, understand and celebrate diversity, while knowing how to identify and bracket one's own cultural bias;
- Think critically and creatively, without fear to question authority and to express rational skepticism;
- Understand creations of the human imagination and intellect;
- Synthesize various forms of knowledge to solve aesthetic, social and cultural problems;
- Read, write and speak as members of the educated public and as citizens unafraid to face controversy;
- Develop and integrate performance and research skills;
- Become concerned and involved citizens, speaking on controversial issues and acting to influence the course of history.
Creative Arts BA Learning Outcomes
- Be able to explain clearly and precisely relationships between the various arts, connections and commonalities as well as differences in written and oral communications.
- Be able to create class projects that demonstrate innovative thinking.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the diversity of the arts of various world cultures. This would include the ability to explain relationships between the arts within a particular culture and between the arts of various cultures.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate effectively with other students in the completion of team projects assigned in Creative Arts courses.
- Unique to Teacher Preparation Majors: Be able to identify the connections between the arts and other core subjects taught in California classrooms.
Assessment of Student Learning
This page last updated 10/6/2010