Free Immigration Legal Support Services
SJSU students, staff and faculty are able to meet with an attorney for a free 30 minute consultation to discuss their case. Depending on the individual case, the attorney may recommend an additional follow up. These services are available at no cost to CSU students, staff and faculty. Consultations are by appointment only.
You may also request to consult with an immigration attorney outside of the scheduled dates by contacting the UndocuSpartan Student Resource Center at 408-924-2762 or email@example.com.
1) Providing immigration legal representation before the relevant federal and state agencies and courts to detained and non-detained immigrants, asylum seekers, and refugees;
2) Providing legal consultations and expert advice to immigrants on their rights and options under immigration law;
3) Partnering with the students, faculty, and related communities of the CSU campuses to reach underserved immigrant populations;
4) Conducting legal rights education and know your rights outreach for immigrant communities in California;
5) Engaging pro bono partnerships to increase capacity to serve immigrant communities; and
6) Working towards making universal representation a reality for all immigrants in removal proceedings.
About the Project
The California State University is providing free immigration legal support services for CSU students and employees. Attorneys and paralegals are available to assist students with general consultations, DACA renewals and general assistance in filling out forms, such as family-based petitions. Funding for the services initially was provided by a one-time allocation of $7 million from the 2018 Budget Act to the California Department of Social Services to implement a direct immigration legal service programs on CSU campuses.
About the Legal Providers
Immigrant Legal Defense (ILD) is a non-profit agency dedicated to providing immigration legal services. ILD’s mission is to promote justice through the provision of legal representation to underserved immigrant communities. One of the most critical aspects in the delivery of high-volume, high-quality legal services is an experienced team of attorneys who work efficiently together. Their team of 8 directing and managing attorneys have worked together for many years. Their complementary expertise covers the full scope of immigration law and procedure, which allows them to represent thousands of unaccompanied minors, families seeking asylum, and individuals in detained and non-detained immigration proceedings throughout California. Together, they have launched innovative programs and partnerships that are recognized as national models for both the delivery of critical immigration legal services and advocacy. Their team has now come together to form ILD to continue providing free legal services for immigrants and families in California.