Additional Benefit Programs
Employees have the option to enroll in several types of voluntary insurance and benefit plans. These plans are entirely employee paid:
- Auto and Home Insurance
- CalPERS Long Term Care
- Employee Discounts
- Critical Illness & Accident Insurance
- MetLaw® Legal Plan
- Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
- Contact https://www.calcas.com/csu
- To learn more about California Causality's insurance programs, please call 1-866-680-5142 or visit California Casualty.
- You may enroll at any time.
- Long-term care plans cover certain services provided in a setting other than an acute care unit of a hospital, such as a nursing home, residential care facility, adult day care center or in the home, according to the plan selected.
- A person requires long-term care when he or she needs help with two or more of the six Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring (moving in and out of a bed, chair or wheelchair), eating or continence.
- Three plans to choose from: (a) comprehensive, (b) facilities only, and (c) partnership.
- Offered to all CalPERS employees, spouses, parents, parents-in-law and siblings (age 18 and older).
- Entirely employee-paid.
- Contact the CalPERS Long-Term Care Program at 1-800-908-9119.
- The Standard Life Insurance was awarded the contract for Critical Illness and a new Accident Insurance. As a part of the transition, Aflac will no longer be enrolling new participants in the Critical Illness plan.
- View The Standard website for more information on Group Accident and Critical Illness insurance. More information to provided in January 2020.
- Enrollment Process: A special enrollment period will be held in early 2020. Current Aflac participants may stay with Aflac via direct pay or transfer to the new coverage with The Standard in 2020.
- MetLaw® plan, offered by MetLife, covers representation for many personal legal services for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Offered to CSU employees, excluding Rehired Annuitants, Special Consultants, Hourly Intermittent employees and Students. Eligible dependents are covered at no additional cost.
- Members are required to remain in the plan for a full benefit plan year.
- Covered legal services performed by a Network attorney are fully paid for by the plan. Out-of-Network attorney fees for covered services are reimbursed based on a set fee schedule.
For more information or to apply, contact MetLife customer service at 1-800-438-6388
or go to www.metlife.com/mybenefits.
- Accidental death & dismemberment plan, offered by The Standard, pays a benefit to the employee or his/her selected beneficiary in the event of death due to an accident or dismemberment at a benefit level selected by the employee.
- Offered to all regular benefits eligible CSU employees. Coverage for eligible dependents available at an additional cost.
- Eligible employees can enroll at any time during the year and will not be subject to Evidence of Insurability.
For more information go to http://www.standard.com/mybenefits/csu or contact The Standard customer service at 1-800-378-5745. To apply, make changes, or review benefits log in at https://standard.benselect.com/csu.
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability plan, offered by The Standard, provides loss of income protection (up to 60%) due to a qualified disability.
- All benefits eligible employees who are eligible for the CSU-paid LTD plan may apply.
- For more information go to The Standard website or contact The Standard at 1-800-378-5745.
- Two plans are offered, one with a 30-day and one with a 90-day waiting period.
- Nationwide is offering two benefit options for your pets. This insurance can cover your pet’s accidents, illness and even preventive care and wellness services.
- Plans are available for dogs, cats, birds, small mammals and exotics (such as reptiles).
- Employees can enroll during open enrollment and coverage will be effective January 1, 2020.
- To learn more about this plan and/or to enroll, visit www.petinsurance.com/calstate
, or call (877) 738-7874.
For more information, see Your UP Representatives and contact your Benefits Service Representative.