Workers’ Compensation

SJSU has predesignated medical treatment for work-related injuries. If prior to an injury, University Personnel has been provided with a Predesignation of Personal Physician Form (.pdf) naming a personal physician, employees may seek medical care from this physician immediately after injury. Under Labor Code Section 4600 (d) the designated physician must (1) be the employee's primary care physician, (2) have treated the employee in the past, (3) retain his or her medical records (including medical history), and (4) agree to be predesignated.